Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spring Highlights

In late April, Dad, Brother, Boyfriend, and I attended the D.C. United/Philadelphia Union matchup. My closest relation to that of a celebrity is to 20-year old Jack McInerney, star forward for the Union. His family lived next to mine during the Alpharetta, GA days. We shared the relationship neighbors shared: babysitting, carpooling, and cul-de-sac pick-up games. In the way I attend all sporting events, I knew who I wanted to win—United—upon entering RFK Stadium. Incidentally I had a lot more fun watching Jack perform. He scored two goals before halftime to lead the Union to a 3-2 victory over United. So yes, United lost… and I hate losing… but I do not think I was alone in feeling some vested interest in seeing Jack play well. And since he did not disappoint, I did not leave disappointed.
And if your curiosity is peaked by the 20-year old sensation, do note on May 31, Jack was selected for the preliminary Gold Cup roster for the US Men's National Team. 

This is Boyfriend and I on a wine tour. 
Northern Virginia certainly is not Napa Valley; however, for reasons unbeknownst to me, it is littered with wineries. I have been eager to tour them for quite awhile. Our tour consisted of two wineries--Chrysalis Vineyards and Willowcroft Farm Vineyards. When my parent’s neighbors organized the event, I could not resist the invitation. I thank them very much for the planning that went into making this a successful Saturday. There is not a lot more to say about drinking wine while overlooking gorgeous vineyards. I would say I learned something. But all knowledge was diluted with each tasting. This was simply a beautiful day with stellar companionship. And, again, wine. Which makes most things better, right?

Fondest recent memory: There was a three-day period in May where each night I crawled into bed, I had clean sheets. It was miraculous. I could explain how it happened but that would bore you. So just accept that is happened. And it was all around fabulous.

I visited an alpaca farm. And made lots of new friends. These creatures are true characters. And will one day make a great addition to my farm.

I entered the world of coconut oil. I highly recommend you do the same. Then together, we will refuse to turn back.

I spent five hours chatting on the phone one night with a girlfriend of mine. That is a new record for me! The phone call was not enough, as they so often are not… so I am taking a trip to Research Triangle to spend a quality weekend with K.N.K.F. here real soon.

Part of what prompted me to highlight a few spring weekends was the realization summer is here. This weekend, I hung out with my six-year old friend, C.R.M., for an afternoon at the pool. Beyond this time with my favorite munchkin, I opted to evade the sun (and humidity!) indoors--parked in front of the television watching the Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals series. It feels terrific to head into the summer six and a half games up on the Nationals. 
These were the good goings-on of spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment