Sunday, June 16, 2013

Instagram Images

Somewhere along the way, I mentally assigned roles to each social media site I use: Blogger became a place for journaling/thinking/dreaming, Twitter for my bursts of wit and quotes I like, Instagram to capture snapshots of my daily life, Pinterest for cooking and baking inspiration, and Facebook is a periodic peek into the wonders in the lives of family and friends. I am a compartmental thinker in that way. The time lapse between posts here is more infrequent, and I am realizing many much of what is stored elsewhere (the 'real life' stuff) is being unintentionally left behind. I want to preserve some of that for posterity too! For awhile, I attempted to document my Twitter feed here at the end of each month, but the formatting on Blogger and Twitter did not agree, so it eventually became more of a hassle than it was worth. So, consider this a review with no point but to document a 'real life' weekend.

A Friday evening walk on the Custis Trail. Jalapeno infused tequila cocktails with my roommate and Boyfriend on the balcony. Confirmation that I have in fact been watering a weed, not basil.
Date night with Boyfriend at Kabob Bazaar. Washington Nationals Blood Drive.
A "hike" in Catoctin National Park. (The most brilliant post blood donation idea.) Pryor's Orchard--banana chips, cantaloupe, cherries, corn on the cob, and dried apricots.
A nap. Homemade Egg Foo Young. Dumpster diving; the find: Singer 201k with a Queen Anne Cabinet.
Game 2 of the Stanley Cup--Boston Bruins at Chicago Blackhawks--at Mister Days with friends. Eastern Market.
Capitol Hill Books.
 A shopping outing in Falls Church, VA, including lemonades at Panera.
College World Series. New York Times crossword puzzles. Sunday Night Baseball--San Francisco Giants at Atlanta Braves.

Aside from donating blood at 7:00 am on Saturday morning, I had nothing on my agenda, after postponing a trip to Durham, NC. I gained much perspective (and had a lot of fun) allowing spontaneity to run its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment