Monday, December 31, 2012

Remembering December, Week 5

December 29 -
  • I woke up in my fancy hotel room at Mission Inn Resort, packed my things, and met my uncle at reception, for the next leg of this trip to Orlando. 
  • I had not see my uncle and his roommate, a life-long family friend, in an embarrassingly long time. We spent the day chatting over multiple games of Skip-Bo. I won each and every game. That must have hurt the egos of these regular players. 
  • I was dropped off at the airport for my late-night flight to my home-sweet-home. Lets refresh: hate is not a strong enough word to convey my sentiment on flying. There were flight delays leaving Orlando, the flight from hell, and icy roads on my drive from Baltimore to D.C., together setting me back quite a few hours. I am obligated to describe the flight I described as being from hell. Have you ever been on a flight were THE ENTIRE flight was too bumpy and twisty, for lack of a better adjective, for the flight attendants to move about the cabin? I have. 
December 30 -
  • I had a "me party" all morning. Nothing like quality bonding time with yourself. 
  • I met A.S.S. and her twin for beer and Bloody Marys, followed by a showing of Les Miserables at the fancy movie theater. Recliner seats, yes please!
  • I stayed up WAY too late watching the Washington Redskins/Dallas Cowboys Sunday night game. The Redskins pulled off a win, in glorious fashion. I was not the only exhausted employee on Monday morning. (The Kansas City Chiefs are my one and only true love, no worries Kansas readers. Living in the heart of Redskins territory, I sort of caught the fever. You too would have trouble avoiding the contagious energy. And lets be honest, who like the Cowboys?) 
December 31 -
  • My favorite person arrived.
  • I worked a shorter-than-normal day from home.
  • My brother, C.D.H, and his girlfriend, S.M.S, met J.P.B. and me for afternoon coffee (for the girls) and beer (for the boys) at Northside Social. I am not sure there was a moment to breathe during the endless chatter. 
  • After C.D.H. and S.M.S. headed back to Northern Virginia for their wild New Years Eve, J.P.B. and I continued on with ours. The evening began with homemade Mexican dinner at A.S.S.'s place. I did not have to cook. I did not have to clean-up. And the food was delicious. 
  • Then at promptly 7:00 PM, minutes before the kick-off of the Clemson Tigers/LSU Tigers, we headed to LA Bar and Grill for the townie experience. There were arcade games, drink specials, darts, and football. Oh... and heavenly fried pickles. (Recapping this evening now, here on January 19, I am questioning my priorities; I have not been back for another basket.)  
  • We ended the evening like champions, two minutes into 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment