Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Book List

This was another slow year for reading...
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
  • The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
  • Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
  • Strength in What Remains by Tracy Kidder
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
  • Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
  • Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
  • Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
  • Bunch of Amateurs by Jack Hitt
  • Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
I will leave with you a quote from The Art of Racing in the Rain that still resonates with me, months after finishing the book: "To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live. To feel the joy of life...To separate oneself from the burden, the angst, the anguish that we all encounter everyday. To say I am alive, I am wonderful, I am. I am. That is something I aspire to." (Garth Stein)

No comments:

Post a Comment