Friday, June 6, 2014

National Doughnut Day 2014

Since yesterday, when I learned today is National Doughnut Day, I have been scheming. Would it be possible to visit both Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme in the same day? This being a feat I have never before accomplished, I was up for the challenge. (If you recall I recently discussed my fondness for donuts here.) I was up at 5:41 am bounding with excitement. I am not allowed to wake Boyfriend up, the lesser passionate of us two, before 7:00 am. What's a girl to do?! I hung with Jillian Michaels, duh.

The pain educed upon me certainly passed the time, leading us to Stop One: Dunkin' Donuts. And the line that greeted us screamed something was being given away; I knew the reward would be worth the wait.
Pardon the supremely cheesy smile. Ill with excitement, I let Dunkin' Donuts add cream and sugar!
I cut up an apple to go with breakfast for good measure.
I had to attend to work after that. On National Doughnut Day, the shame.

And for lunch, Stop Two: Krispy Kreme. I clearly have not outgrown the "free things" phase of young adulthood. I'm soon hoping to realize biking more than six miles completely out of my way for one free donut is borderline insane. For now, when donuts call, I always answer.
There was a lovely gentleman singing Billy Joel tunes for me as I munched outside Krispy Kreme; I so badly wanted to take his picture, but on a mission for free donuts, one cannot afford to start paying the entertainer.

Please tell me you celebrated National Doughnut Day with matched enthusiasm!

No comments:

Post a Comment