Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Goal: A Review

If you're new here, I posted my goals here. As someone whose strengths are achiever and discipline, I really like goals. Goals keep me focused, motivated, and constantly improving. My task at hand in January was to finish decorating and organizing the new apartment. I would say I was about 90% successful in accomplishing my goal. There is a tiny pile left for Boyfriend to go through. And we don't have our picture frames filled nor did we hang (or frame) our map of Lesotho. The result: lots of blank, white walls. These are failures I can live with. For the most part, the apartment has come along way. As have we in learning how to adjust to being two people sharing one life. Never has it taken so much to feel settled in a new place! This might be why this effort spanned nearly four months.

Anyway, I think we've settled into a nice, simple routine. In a nice, simple apartment. I'll let you be the judge.
This is only one of three featured storage closets in the apartment. These coupled with the balcony make this one of the best apartments I have rented to date. For some reason, photos of the front and bedroom closet and the balcony did not make the cut. Perhaps at a later date in time?  
On the negative, I did not indulge in a day of solitude nor have I really started learning the Arabic alphabet--my personal and spiritual goals for the year. I downloaded the study sheets though, so that counts for something, right? And I whizzed through three books on my way to finishing 30 for the year.

Up next: My goal for February is to follow a strict vegan diet. Due to an unusual amount of milk and eggs in our fridge left at the end of January, I decided it would be fiscally irresponsible for me to begin this goal on February 1. As soon as these items are consumed, I will begin tackling this goal. And hey! I got lucky as I was able to indulge in buffalo chicken dip, pulled pork, spinach artichoke dip, and more on Super Bowl Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment