Saturday, April 21, 2012

First Game

On this Saturday afternoon at Nationals Park, where exceptional baseball weather extended through extra innings under the treat of torrential rain, the Washington Nationals pulled out a win over the Miami Marlins. In the company of R.D.S., a visiting friend, I scoped out the National League East competition for my Atlanta Braves. I witnessed the pitching of Stephen Strasburg, a notable concern--back in the National's line-up after being out in 2011 following Tommy John surgery. He was himself in fine form--consistently pounding the strike zone. Hits came mostly in the form of three home runs, nothing stolen from Strasburg's mound of course. I definitely did not miss his presence in the previous season.
It was today, I officially commenced the 2012 Major League Baseball season; there was no where else to be but the ballpark.



No comments:

Post a Comment