Saturday, February 25, 2012

I am (easing) back.

The tagline of this blog says, "Explore. Dream. Discover." And I assure you there has plenty of that going on in New Orleans, Louisiana, even before Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Panama. Allow me to first disappoint you with an update on the goings of the past week before delving into the details I trust you are here to capture.

I have alloted a week--until today (Saturday morning)--to find my footing. During this time there has been plenty to accomplish/do/see. The one-week rundown:
  1. Due to rescheduling, I was home in time to catch C.A.H. in the final night of Tale Of Nine Princesses, the winter play at his high school. He stole the show in his role as Prince Charles. I am definitely not biased. I am concerned he has been type casted as the nerd--I guess that is why they call it acting. 
  2. I have been busy human-sitting. Time to rebuild the funds. I cannot think of a more forced reintroduction to America than a Lady Gaga dance party with C.R.M. while sword fighting her younger brother, O.D.M., in Excess Toy Land. I cannot think of an easier way to earn money than journaling while E.R.G. sleeps her seven month old heart out. 
  3. The vegan diet is being resumed. Needless to say, the traveling threw me off my rhythm. Not only is a cold-turkey transition from 38 days of gallo pinto con huevos to a dairy-less diet impossible, my mom makes it her mission to sabotage me by purchasing grocery items I cannot resist, like whole milk--an absolute favorite.
  4. Do not underestimate the power of a day in front of the television. I never got this. I just dreamed about it. I have, however, watched three critical basketball games (Kansas vs. Texas A&M; Michigan vs. Ohio State; Michigan State vs. Minnesota) and four episodes of Dance Moms
  5. Work to find a job is going. This is priority numero uno. This week has been mainly about networking with my neighbors... in conversation lengths greater than three hours. 
  6. Louis celebrated his first birthday. And when I say he, I mean my mom subjected my dad to celebrating. C.A.H. sang his praises before school and would not return home before midnight on this "special" Friday, while I was in charge of providing the birthday walk. There was cake. Oh and presents. 
  7. The Weather: Did I skip winter? Three days in the 60s. It is hard to complain about this... but as the season appreciator I am, it is going to be hard to welcome Spring without having enjoyed some time with Old Man Winter. 
  8. I managed to squeeze in three runs this week, which is better than no runs. And three walks, which is better than no walks. I miss my exercise system.  
  9. After traveling, I crave that first shower--the initial wash in my tub, with my toiletries, and a fresh towel awaiting me. Then I feel so flippin' clean, I forget to shower. This is inexcusable, following today. 
  10. I saw Big Miracle with Mom on a whim this week, after fulfilling my need for Pinkberry(!!!)--a food fantasy whenever I am out of the country--while we evacuated the house for cleaning lady day. I was inspired by Rachel's character. I want to work on real projects--like saving three California gray whales. Where is my job that uses my passion to mobilize people?
If I eat solely vegan, run, and shower afterwards... life will fall into place, I just know it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Look forward to hearing about all the details soon. And I hope we're still on to see you next month!!

    ReplyDelete