Friday, September 21, 2012

A Night On. A Weekend Off.

I made plans this weekend to visit a friend in Philadelphia, PA, but after consecutive nights of next to no sleep, I decided to bail on my plans... and straight jacket myself to a couch in hopes I could relax. It was not two seconds after I said this out loud to my mom, under the impression she would call me out if I strayed from my plans, I got a call from a neighbor inviting me to hang out with her and her munchkins while her husband was out of town. We headed to the playground to soak up some good weather. C.R.M showed off her monkey bar skills while O.D.M. ran wildly--100% boy. After a brief walk on the nature trail where we spotted deer, spiders, a gopher, and many squirrels we went for dinner at the fancy grocery store. Turns out, Friday nights movies are played for children, so S.J.M. and I chatted while the  kiddos watched Balto, some film that must be from the 1980s because I have certainly never heard about it. Past the bedtime of two tired children, we rushed them home (and to bed) and continued our cellphone-less conversation into the early morning hours.

This is a nontraditional post. There is no life lesson here. No cheesy metaphor to be had. But there was an incredibly honest conversation with a woman I respect, filled with words I need to hear and wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment