Saturday, July 18, 2009

Longing for Lesotho

On Thursday, July 9th my Peace Corp invitation kit arrived in the mail!  I am going to Lesotho, a small country completely landlocked in South Africa.  My departure date is November 11, 2009. Those of you who have constantly supported and encouraged me (thank you!) throughout this lengthy process can imagine my abundant joy to now know where I am going and when I am leaving.  For those of you who do not know I started filling out the application in October, was interviewed in January, completed medical & dental records in February and March, tutored calculus February-May, and started volunteering at the Free Clinic and NOVAM in June (and will continue until the end of October).  I was ready to quit in April, but I am so glad I persevered.  (I hope) This is going to be a worthwhile experience!  I am ready to roll, there is no time like the present.

Disclaimer:  I do not know how many of you will read this blog, but for those of you who chose to follow me I want to warn you.  The main focus of this blog will not be grammar or to inspire you because that would be a waste of my time.   The purposes of this blog are to keep you updated on my life while I am away, allow me to have a release, and serve as a remembrance of my two plus years overseas!  This blog is going to be a documentation of my adventure, my real experiences, and my opinions.  I want to remember the highs and lows of living in Lesotho.

No comments:

Post a Comment