Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Local Meat, Happy Eating

As we have all heard, I am eating meat now. But almost every part of me wants to return to my vegetarian ways, if that means I can still indulge in the occasional chicken wing. Before I reconvert, I opted to try a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) at Spring House Farm recommended by my parents. For the next three months, I will receive a biweekly random assortment of three to five pounds of meat. Farmer Andy was good to me on the first pick up, delivering bacon, chorizo, and steak.
steak, salad, and veggie goodness, served with bread
bagels with bacon, cheese, and eggs, served with potato fries

The last meal was chorizo tacos with black beans, cheese, corn, lettuce, red onions, tomatoes--served on a flour tortilla for her, corn tortillas for him.

The bacon definitely stole the show. We have a few strips left, thankfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment