Friday, December 6, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

This Thanksgiving was such a nice one. And afterwards I jumped right into Christmas, which is something I would normally abhor. My parents have a Christmas Tree Farm just miles down the road from them, so on Sunday Boyfriend and I went to check it out. I had too much fun frolicking around looking at all the varieties of trees. I seriously felt five. The memories of my childhood years came rolling back; and the sweet memories being made that day were almost too much! Boyfriend had all these restrictions about size and girth. And the farm had these complicated pricing schemes. But my search for the prize tree disregarded all matters of size and price. I refused to accept that a nine foot tree won't fit in our living room.
I was about finding a tree with a lot of character, one that would charm me throughout the season. About half way through the search, there was a tree with too pretty to pass up. Before deciding--spirits still high--we searched the rest of the farm before ultimately settling on The Tree. I opted for pursuing the gift shop, after we paid the more-than-reasonable $12.63 for our tree. And landed with some incredible vanilla bean honey to compliment my morning oatmeal.
We brought the much too tall tree home and Boyfriend began the process of sizing our tree to actually fit right-side up in the apartment. Then we strung lights. And slowly began hanging ornaments. I have to say, I liked our tree much better pre-ornament. But I'm learning to accept the ornaments.
Each night, the glow of the our Christmas tree lights up the living room. And our whimsical tree graces us with its charm. Tis the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment