Sunday, January 20, 2013

An Apartment Tour

I mentioned moving (in October). Well various this' and thats, have prevented the documentation of my new digs. Today is the day. I have a three-day weekend with nearly nothing going on. Shocked? Me too! I dove into a true apartment cleanse on Sunday morning. And I got down and dirty, scrubbing each surface in this place. I have a phone call in to my mom, for the woman never taught me to mop. Is it supposed to be the ab workout it was?

My bedroom:
I have Pops to thank for putting together this bed and the black bookshelf. I learned how awful sleeping on a leaky air mattress the floor was during my first few weeks. I have Favorite Person to thank for hanging the shelf and artwork. I have my mom to thank for the miscellaneous decorations. I have M.R.B. to thank for the plant I cannot kill. There is still some work to be done. I need to go shopping for sheets and a comforter. In the interim, I have Latte Woman to thank for the toasty flannel sheets. Also on the shopping list, is curtains. I need those, stat. Those lovely "curtains" were left from the previous tenant, along with the tree wall art.

The Kitchen:
It's tiny. And functional. You can see I have chickpeas cooking in the crockpot. I am on a mission to cook a new recipe each week for the entire year. I am right on par--Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins, Savory Orange-Roasted Tofu and Beets, Butternut Squash and Kale Quesadilla, and Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. I am eating almost entirely vegan, when J.P.B. is not visiting. I cannot seem to let go of cow milk, for drinking. I'm imperfect, what can I say. 

The (Open) Dining Room:
I spend a fair amount of time at this linen covered table writing letters, working from home, playing on my computer, and most obviously eating. 

The Living Area: 
If sports are on and the local bars have not lured me in, I am usually planted on that over-sized comfortable couch. 

The (Shared) Bathroom:
This is one of the most spacious bathrooms I have ever had, contradictory to this being the most crowded area I have ever lived in.

The Balcony:
The natural lighting in this apartment sold me. My bedroom and the dining room have five by four feet windows. The double-doors to the balcony only sealed the deal.

And I have failed to mention, the location is prime. Adjusting to life with (bills and) roommates has been relatively seamless. I am more than happy I "toughed" it out at home for a year while job hunting, then working my first office job and saving. The apartment and true independence was worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment