Monday, July 5, 2010

Fully Stocked

Oh. My. Goodness. You can stop sending packages!!! I can’t begin to thank all of you for the generous care packages I have received! You are all absolutely incredible, and I am so appreciative of the time you have taken to prepare such amazing packages. Old neighbors, friends in college with no money, parents of children I babysat for, parents of my youngest brothers friends, my sweet parents, my old grandparents, and so many more have all come together to send me love in a box. You have all gone overboard and my kitchen cabinet (and I imagine your wallet) shows it. I am bursting at the seams with black beans, chocolate, macaroni & cheese, muffin mixes, and taco seasoning! It’s a processed wonderland. You have not just filled my kitchen cabinet. I am also stocked on antibacterial handsoap, batteries, chapstick, crosswords, sudukos, paper, and sponges for the remainder of my service! Living thousands of miles away you have shown me an abundance of tangible love from back home.

Now do not get me wrong, I LOVE receiving packages but equally as much I adore your letters. Life is so much easier when I “hear” about your lives back home. It is nice to know what you are up to and to be reminded of the efficiency we call America. Save yourself a few bucks and pick up a pen!

If you still insist on sending packages here is an updated list:

  • Almonds
  • Dried Fruit
  • Granola Bars
  • Cheap Pens (for my students)
  • Music (put your favorite new tunes on a CD/flashdrive and send it my way)
  • Reading Material (sports articles, magazines, books)
  • Starbucks VIA Ready Brew Coffee (I have a French Press so technically any coffee will do but these are easy, delicious, and portioned just right for a morning cup before school)
  • Trail Mix
  • Velvetta Cheese

Really, though you have gone above and beyond! Kea Leboha!

No comments:

Post a Comment